Cenote Dos Ojos.
Cenote Dos Ojos: two beautiful turquoise eyes are looking to the sky. These eyes actually are two cenotes (if seen them from above), they have everything to amaze anyone who is willing to explore in a magical place! Dos Ojos is one of the most famous cenotes not only to scuba dive but also to snorkel in the Mexican Riviera Maya.
The temperature of 75°F (24°C) all year long is refreshing when swimming there after visiting other places in the area of Tulum, like the mayan ruins of Tulum.
Of course cavern/cave diving is one the most challenging and technical diving and present many hazards. But the fauna and the views of the underworld are breathtaking. Also the idea that few people have been diving in these caves attracts all people around the world.
But Snorkeling in cenote Dos Ojos is also a unique experience, and even if you won’t be following the same circuit that the divers, you will spend an incredible moment at the surface and be careful you need to be aware that there could be divers below! We don’t want that you confuse them with some monsters of the mayan underworld!
Every cenote is different; we resume the special features of Cenote Dos Ojos:
- Activities: Swimming / Snorkeling / Scuba-Diving (If you are a certified scuba diver, we can offer you a diving trip here as well, more info here.)
- Special for: Stalactites and stalagmites, bats, trees, fossils, birds, perfect for adventurous persons and good swimmers.
- Type of Cenote: Cave Cenote,
- Depth: till 32 feet
- Mandatory: Guide, lifejacket
- Access: two different platforms / several steps
- Facilities: bathroom/ parking/ rest zone / souvenir shop
- Location: close to Tulum
You could combine this cenote with other activities during your private tour, like:
- Swim, snorkel in another cenote (like Nicte-Ha, Jaguar)
- Visit Mayan Ruins (Tulum, Coba)
- Swimming with Turtles
- Custom Tours (We can custom tours)
Snorkeling/ Diving in Cenote Dos Ojos is a really rocking experience. This is why it is one the most famous cenotes of the area. It ‘s a worth swimming experience but better book a private tour and arrive very early in the morning to have an excellent experience with our guides.
Don’t forget to book your private tour with us!