Terms & Conditions
All you need to know about your booking terms and conditions:
- one receipt for your deposit payment.
- one confirmation order email with your booking number and all useful information. In case you have booked a tour that includes snorkeling activities, there is a link to register your sizes in that email. We need your sizes at the latest 3 days before the tour. If we don't receive them, we won't be able to provide you with the correct snorkeling gear (life vest and/or wetsuit).
You must provide us with your hotel room number when you check in at your hotel. Without your room number, we may not be authorized by hotel security to pick you up at your hotel lobby and we will wait for you at the main gate of the resort.
Some hotels don’t allow tour operators to access till the lobby. In that case we will notify you and confirm exact meeting location (usually it is the main gate of the resort entrance). This apply to: Princess, Vidanta, Gran Mayan, Mayan Palace, Grand Luxxe, Blue Bay Esmeralda, Bahia Principe hotels (Tulum, Akumal, Coba, Sian Kaan). This list can be updated at any moment as the resorts policy can be updated at anytime without prior notice.
If you are staying at a condo/airbnb you need to send us the full name and address, and share your location with google maps or whatsapp to make sure we can find your location. Your guide will be waiting for you in front of your building-house entrance.
For travelers coming from Cozumel or Isla Mujeres: if you miss the ferry and can’t make it for the confirmed pick up time in Playa del Carmen or Puerto Juarez, the tour will be cancelled with no refund of your deposit.
All prices include tax, but are subject to availability and cost changes. If for any reason the price changes, Absolute Adventure will contact you for your agreement or a free cancellation.
The booking calendar on our website does not indicate in real time the availability of our guides/vehicles. If your date is not available anymore, we will contact you to offer you an alternative date for your private tour or a full refund of your deposit.
For bookings from 2 to 12 people: you pay 20% deposit online, 80% balance the day of the tour.
For bookings of more than 12 people: you pay 20% deposit online, a second deposit of 30% is due 48h before the tour (we send you the invoice link by email) and the 50% balance the day of the tour.
*70% deposit for Whale Sharks tours whatever the size of your group.
For travel agents that book private tours with us for their customers, we require full payment at booking.
Absolute Adventure reserves the right to cancel a tour at any time, with refund of deposit, in the event of a logistic issue or any unforeseen event that does not allow the service to be offered. If possible, an alternative date will be offered, if not a refund of the deposit will be made.
At the check out when you book you are asked to select your method payment for the balance. On your booking receipt, the method you selected to pay the balance of your tour is indicated. For accounting purposes, if you need to change the method of payment, please advise us at the latest the day before the tour. We accept the following payments method for the balance payment:
- Payments with cash accepted in USD, Euros or Pesos according to the XE exchange rate of the day of your tour. We accept foreign bills only in perfect condition. Bills that are damaged, torn, scratched, with marks, with ink or tape will be refused.
- Payments with card with an extra 5% fee (Visa-Mastercard-American Express). Amount charged in Pesos according to the XE exchange rate of the day of your tour. Prior to your trip to Mexico please check with your bank the maximum amount allowed for your card payments abroad. We only accept cards that are signed on the back, and you have to present your ID for signature verification. Your bank may charge you additional fees for paying by card abroad in a different currency from your own.
- Payments with Paypal with an extra 5% fee, we will send you the Paypal invoice 3 days before your tour, due before pick up the day of the tour.
If you need to change your booking, please send us the request by email with your order number. In case your requested change (such as but not limited to change of date, itinerary, pick up time, number of people…) results in a change of the cost of the tour, Absolute Adventure will ask for your agreement or proceed to the cancellation of the tour as per the cancellation policy below.
Booking changes must be requested no later than 24 hours (for groups of up to 12 people) or 48 hours (for groups of more than 12 people) before the start of the tour.
If you request a date change within 24 hours (for groups of up to 12 people) or 48 hours (for groups of more than 12 people) before the tour, this is considered a cancellation and cancellation fees will apply (as per conditions below) and you will have to rebook for another date.
To cancel your booking, please fill the cancellation form.
Free Cancellation till 24 Hours before your private tour:
- To receive a full refund of your deposit, travelers may cancel up to 24 hours before the experience start time in the local timezone. No refunds will be given after that time period.
- You can adjust the number of participants till 24 hours before the tour. Price will be adjusted according to the price per person rate depending on number of people.
Partial no show: In case less people attend the tour, the cancellation fee per person who is not coming equals with 100% percent of the cost of the tour per person.
No show: No-show will apply if you don’t show up within 30 minutes after your confirmed pick up time. No refunds will be given.
For manual bookings of groups of more than 20 people: Cancellation policy will be detailed with the quote.
- For swimming and snorkeling activities, it is essential to know how to swim, even if lifejackets are provided.
- Whale Sharks Tour, Reef Snorkeling in Puerto Morelos: These activities are subject to weather conditions. If Absolute Adventure decides to cancel due to very poor weather/unsafe conditions/sea port closed by local authorities, we will give you the option of an alternative tour date (if possible) or a full refund.
- Swim with Turtles, Reef snorkeling in Tulum: if the day of the tour we have very poor weather/unsafe conditions/sea port closed by local authorities:
- Tulum Cenote Swim with turtles Tour will be amended to Tulum Cenote Tour
- Tulum Swim with turtles Tour will be amended to Tulum Cenote Tour
- Swim with turtles Cenote Tour will be ameneded to 2 Cenotes Tour
- Tulum Cenote Reef snorkeling will be amended to Tulum Cenote Swim with Turtles or Tulum Cenote Tour
- Cenote Reef snorkeling will be amended to Cenote Swim with Turtles or 2 Cenotes Tour
- EARLY BIRD 10 % OFF BOOKING AT LEAST 2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE: COUPON EARLY2MONTHS. The coupon is applicable for bookings made 60 days prior to your tour date, except for tours scheduled from December 18th, 2024 to January 10th, 2025. It cannot be combined with other coupons or promotions.
- Visit our coupon page to view the promotions that are currently available.
- Special offers, discounts and coupons available on our website or social media are not cumulative. They don't apply for Whale Sharks tour, and tours taking place between Dec 18th 2024 & Jan 10th 2025.
- CORONAVIRUS: Booking a tour with us implies you agree to take part in the measures to reduce the risk of coming into contact with the coronavirus. Read our full article: Information and precaution.
- Booking a tour with us implies you and your group are in good physical and mental shape to participate to activities such ask walking, swimming, snorkeling, boating, hiking, climbing, driving ATV or motorized engines, zip lining, rappelling and other activities in which you choose to participate and that you won't be under the influence of alcohol or any drug or medical substance contraindicated with the activities.
- In case of health issue or illness, disability or reduced mobility, as well as for all people over 75 years, please let us know at the booking to accommodate you the best way possible and we may ask for a medical certificate for some activities.
- Seat belts are mandatory during the transportation for all passengers.
- We thank you for keeping the vehicle clean, no feet on seats and put a towel on the seat if your clothes are wet. It is strictly prohibited to smoke inside the vehicle. An extra fee of 25 USD will be charged if the van is left in an excessively dirty condition that requires extra cleaning or deodorizing. This includes, but is not limited to, spillage of liquids, fluids, food, vomit, sun cream, other stains and/or unpleasant odors.
- It is prohibited to bring alcohol or drugs during the tour.
- Absolute Adventure is not responsible for the objects forgotten at the end of the trip in the van or any other place visited during the tour. In case we find them, we will charge you the delivery back to your hotel.
- There is a camera set up in the van. We are committed to protecting your privacy and your rights. We will only use the video to provide evidence in the event of a road incident.
- According to the Mexican law of tourists transportation, we are not allowed to drive you to any other location than the ones included / mentioned on your tour. Example: if you book a tour from Cancun to Tulum ruins and on the way back you want to stop in Playa del Carmen for some shopping it won’t be possible, unless you book it before so we can insert it officially in the itinerary of your tour and have the transportation papers of your tour filled with the correct and complete itinerary. Any extra stop can be organized and scheduled if done before your tour, extra costs involved will be sent to you for prior approval.