Terms and Conditions
- You must provide us with your hotel room number no later than 4 pm the day before your tour/your transportation service; if you do not, your tour will be cancelled and your deposit will not be refund. Without your room number, we will not be able/authorized by hotel security to pick you up from your hotel. In case of late check-in, let us know upfront.
- Once you have finished your booking and paid to the deposit, you will receive 3 emails:
- one email receipt from paypal,
- one confirmation order email with your booking number
- one email with all useful information. In case you have booked a tour that includes snorkeling activities, there is a link to register your sizes in that email. We need your sizes at the latest 3 days before the tour. If we don’t receive them, we won’t be able to provide you with the correct equipment (life vest and/or wetsuit)
Please check your spam folder if you don’t get these emails, or contact us if you don’t have them so that we can verify if your booking was done properly.
- Your guide will be waiting for you in front of the lobby of your hotel, or in front of the entrance of your house/condo building. NB: some hotels don’t allow tours operators to access till the lobby to limit the traffic inside the resort. In that case we will notify you and confirm exact meeting location (usually it is the main gate of the resort entrance). This is the case for sure for the following hotels: Princess, Vidanta, Gran Mayan, Mayan Palace, Grand Luxxe, Blue Bay Esmeralda. This list can be updated at any moment as the resorts policy can be updated at anytime without prior notice.
- According to the Mexican law of tourists transportation, we are not allowed to drive you to any other location than the ones included / mentioned on your tour. Example: if you book a tour from Cancun to Tulum ruins and on the way back you want to stop in Playa del Carmen for some shopping it won’t be possible, unless you book it before so we can insert it officially in the itinerary of your tour and have the transportation papers of your tour filled with the correct and complete itinerary. Any extra stop can be organized and scheduled if done before your tour, extra costs involved will be sent to you for prior approval.
The booking calendar on our website does not indicate in real time the availability of the guides of the agency. If your date is not available anymore, we will contact you to offer you an alternative date for your private tour or a full refund of your deposit.
- 10% deposit required for all tours* up to 12 people.
- 25% deposit for all tours* for groups of more than 12 people.
- *70% deposit for Whale Sharks tours whatever the size of your group.
- All changes are free of charge if made 7 days in advance of your scheduled tour.
- Any change in your booking made within 6 days of your scheduled tour (such as but not limited to change of date, itinerary, pick up time, number of people…) will be charged 15 USD for administrative/logistic fees.
- In case your requested change results in a change of the cost of the tour, Absolute Adventure will ask for your agreement or proceed to the cancellation of the tour as per the cancellation policy below.
- Payments with cash accepted in USD, CA$, Euros or Pesos according to the XE exchange rate of the day of your tour.
- Payments with credit card with an extra 5% fee (Visa-Mastercard-American Express). Amount charged in Pesos according to the XE exchange rate of the day of your tour. Prior to your trip to Mexico please check with your bank the maximum amount allowed for your card payments abroad.
- Payments with Paypal with an extra 5% fee, to be done 3 days before your tour for administrative purposes. Paypal payment will not be accepted the day of the tour.
- All prices include tax, but are subject to availability and cost changes. If for any reason the price changes, Absolute Adventure will contact you for your agreement or a free cancellation.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled tour, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled tour, there is a 10 percent cancellation fee.*
- In case of partial no show (less people attending the tour), the cancelation fee per person who is not coming equals with 50 percent of the cost of the tour per person.*
- No-show will apply if you don’t show up within 30 minutes after your confirmed pick up time.
** Whale Sharks tour (group or private): In case of cancellation between 2 and 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled tour, or in case of partial or full no show, the cancellation will be charged 70% of the total amount of the tour. For Whale Sharks tour group option, if we don’t have a total of 8 people confirmed one week before your tour, we will cancel the tour and give you the option of an alternative tour date (if possible) or a full refund.
Ocean boat tours, Whale Sharks tour, Ocean snorkeling tours and scuba diving activities: These activities are subject to weather conditions. If Absolute Adventure decides to cancel due to very poor weather/unsafe conditions/sea port closed by local authorities, we will give you the option of an alternative tour date (if possible) or a full refund.
Included of some tours, photos of your private tour are offered *. In this case, you will receive by email the link to download your pictures within a maximum of 10 days after your private tour. The photos will remain available on the server one month from the date of sending the link. After this date the photos will be deleted from the server permanently.
* In case of bad weather or in case of technical issue (defective memory card or problem of the device), we can not be held responsible for not being able to take the photos or to send them after the excursion.
HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO:
- For swimming and snorkeling activities, it is essential to know how to swim, even if lifejackets are provided.
- In case of health issue or illness, disability or reduced mobility, as well as for all people over 75 years, we ask for a medical certificate for the selected activity/excursion.