Why Choose Us?
Our guests recommend Absolute Adventure!!!
We are very thankful to all our visitors that left us outstanding reviews.
This is the best proof of quality consistency and our commitment to offer you unforgettable moments during your holidays.
We can’t wait to welcome you, bring you on tour and make you part of our happy guests community!
No Stress, skip the crowds
- We take the time to enjoy each and every moment. With us, no rushing from site to site.
- We optimised scheduling so that you can avoid crowds in the touristy places.
Exclusive places and fun!
- We take you to special places you wouldn’t get so see with other companies.
- Adventure, fun and good vibes are the key words for your day with us!
Quality, comfort and safety
- Delicious food and refreshing drinks that take your preferences and dietary needs into account.
- High quality equipment which enable you to get the most of snorkeling and adventure activities.
- Skills and abilities are taken into account during your tour.
- We always carry first aid kits and all our guides are EFR certified.
- Our drivers respect traffic laws and ensure your safety and comfort.
Private and custom service
- Our price to quality ratio is excellent.
- All tours are led by English-speaking guides.
- Private transportation means that we pick you up at your hotel, and you won’t lose time waiting for other customers.
- We can custom our tours and adapt the tour to your special needs and requests, just let us know!
Our TOP priority is ensuring you have an AMAZING EXPERIENCE!
- We make it our mission to provide our clients with safe, high-quality adventure tours.
- We are passionate about our work and are committed to ensuring that you enjoy your time exploring the Riviera Maya.
- We pay close attention to details, and are always happy to accommodate any special needs you may have.
Why we’re called Absolute Adventure?
- We aim to provide you with 100% pure adventure of the highest quality. Then, Adventure refers to the exciting tours we offer!
- We love exploring the world, learning about new cultures, discovering natural wonders, and having unique souvenirs. Our goal at Absolute Adventure is to provide our guests with these same experiences that we cherish when we travel abroad.
- We purposely remain a small agency because we aim to focus on providing you with authentic and high-quality experiences.
- We are dedicated to helping preserve the magnificent natural resources that surround us in the Riviera Maya.
- We do our best to create ecological tours that respect the environment, and focus on working with those who have a similar respect for nature. Throughout our tours, we provide our visitors with detailed information about their natural surroundings, including plants and animals, because we believe that education is essential to preserving our natural environment.
- We also work hard to implement green practices such as limiting water consumption and the use of plastic, as well as ensuring that our clients use biodegradable products that won’t harm the beautiful reefs and cenotes.
Claire and Chris, the owners of the company
Absolute Adventure Mexico is co-owned by Claire and Chris, two avid travelers who fell in love with the Riviera Maya and dedicated themselves to ensuring that your vacation is an absolute adventure. Chris moved to Playa del Carmen in 2012, and in 2013 he created the company, which has become a great success in less than 2 years. That same year, after 13 years working in marketing in Europe, Claire decided that she wanted to focus on work she was truly passionate about. In May 2015, she joined Chris to help him expand the company. Both work as tourist guides, snorkeling guides, and diving instructors for the company’s tours.
A few things to know about Chris: he loves the Maya culture, snorkeling, and diving in cenotes, and is a pro at underwater photography. His favorite part of his job is taking people on exciting adventures in the jungle, from exploring ruins and cenotes to ATV tours. Chris has French and German nationality, and speaks French, German, English, and Spanish. He has the official Federal Tourists Guide credential (Guia Federal de Turistas SECTUR). He also has the following diving certifications: PADI MSDT Instructor, TDI & IANTD Full Cave Diver, and EFR Instructor.
A few things to know about Claire: she loves the Caribbean climate and Mexican culture, and her favorite part of her job is touring the Mayan ruins, snorkeling and scuba diving in the ocean. She has French nationality and speaks French, English, and Spanish. She has the official Federal Tourists Guide credential (Guia Federal de Turistas SECTUR)She also has the following diving certifications: PADI MSDT Instructor, CMAS 3* (FFESSM N4 / LIFRAS 3*PPA), and EFR Instructor.
Juan-José, tour guide in English, Spanish and French
EFR and Ocean rescue.
Juan-José or call him Juanjo, 33 years old, was born in Mexico City. He studied a master on environment engineering. He started to work in a company for rainwater systems when he was in Mexico City. He decided to searches new adventures in Europe where he lived for 5 years. He lived in 4 countries: Spain, France, Belgium, and Netherlands. In this period he worked from waiter to manager of construction. Always traveled around and absorbing the culture from wherever he was. He decided to come back to Mexico and to Playa del Carmen for being close to his family and to the ocean in 2013. He was working in a non-profit like a volunteer coordinator for the sea turtle protection in the Riviera Maya until he met Claire and Chris, who invited him to be part of Absolute Adventure team and we are now happy to count him in the team!
- Why do you like your job? I like a lot to meet new people and share the wonders of my country. Every time I learn something new from the tours. Also I make the clients conquer their fears and enjoy the adventure in a safe environment.
- Which tour do you prefer? Everything about being in the water, but my favorite is whale shark tour!
- What do you think about Absolute Adventure? The company pays attention to details and the works ethics are high. I like the companies that protect their clients and their team.
- What’s your plan? The company offered me to become a federal guide, I would love to explore more Mexico and save money for build a house in the Bacalar! During my free time I keep on helping to conserve my beloved Mexico.
- What can you tell us more about you? I have been surfing all my life. I read and watch nerdy series and movies during my time off!
Arturo, tour guide in English and Spanish
EFR and Ocean rescue.
Arturo, 29 years old, was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico. He studied high school and some years of civil engineering. He worked and lived in Colorado several years, first as an excavation and interior worker and then he started to work as an instructor of one of his passion skiing and snowboarding! When he moved back to Mexico, he decided to go to the sunny Riviera Maya, which is a magical place to live! In 2015 he became guide of zip lines in one of the parks of the area, and he joined the Absolute Adventure team in 2017 to enjoy each day the natural and cultural wonders of the surroundings of Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum.
- Why do you like your job? I always like the physical work, I never imaged working in a office sitting at a desk all day-long. I enjoy that everyday is a new adventure. I like to share my knowledge about Mexico. Mexico is full of flavour and folklore and it is really important to me to share that. Also I love the nature and know the important roll of Mexico in the environment.
- Which tour do you prefer? I like all the activities Absolute Adventure offers but if I have to choose one, I go for the snorkeling tours. From a colorful crystal reef to the darkness of a mystic cave cenote, the waters of the Riviera Maya are incredible!
- What do you think about Absolute Adventure? Everyone of my teammate is really professional and easy to work with. Every one of our clients receives an excellent service. We always put an effort in the human quality and we work with small businesses to support local communities at the same time.
- What’s your plan? I would like keep growing in the tourism industry. To become a federal guide to be able to explain myself the Mayan ruins. And in the future I might move for a while to Europe to discover the culture and learn another language.
- What can you tell us more about you? I love all sports, listening rock music and I drink a lot of coffee!
Federal driving license. EFR.
Ervin, our driver, 29 years old, was born in Cardenas Tabasco. He studied until high school. Looking for better job opportunities, he decided to move to Playa del Carmen in 2001. He started to work as a Sous Chef baker and did that job in several hotels for 7 years. Then he worked as a carpenter for a short time until he decided to get his Federal driving license. He was first employed as a private transfer driver for one of the resort of the Riviera Maya. Then he decided to move to a well-known bus company, where he had the opportunity to attend several driving courses and improve his skills and knowledge. After a while in that bus company, he met Chris, who invited him to be part of the Absolute Adventure team and we are now happy to count him in the team since more than one year!
- Why do you like your job? First of all, I like to drive, to know all the places of the peninsula of Yucatan, and to show the beautiful places to the tourists. I love that every day I go to different places for different private tours, it’s not the same routine.
- What do you think about Absolute Adventure? It is a “responsible company” that take cares of its employees, of their customers and also of the vehicles and their maintenance. I like being part of a small team where everybody is respected and we help each other in a very good atmosphere!
- What’s your plan? This job offers me also to develop new skills, like learning English while speaking and listening to the guide and the clients everyday. To learn faster I started night English classes and I feel day by day more comfortable to communicate with our clients. Becoming one day a guide is also one of my motivation to keep on learning!
- What can you tell us more about you? During my free time, I take care of my family and spend time with friends, but ask me about music… I find the time to play and perform drums!