Reef Snorkeling in Tulum and Swim in Cenote
This private Reef Snorkeling Tour in Tulum will not disappoint you! This tour combines two different snorkeling experiences, one in the ocean and another one in the jungle.
Arriving in Tulum paradise beach, you’ll hop on a boat for a one-hour tour complete with snorkeling on the 2nd biggest reef in the world. You will see many colorful corals and fishes on the reef. There’s a chance you may see sea turtles, but we can’t guarantee this as sometimes they are shy to the crowd.
Also, from the boat, you’ll be able to get a great view of the ruins and two additional hidden temples. (This tour doesn’t include the visit of the Tulum mayan ruins).
After swimming in the ocean, we will take the direction to the jungle, where we will swim and snorkel in a cenote of your choice. Will you prefer an open cenote like a natural pool in the jungle or a more adventure swim in the underground river? (See the list of the cenotes we include in the general information tab).
Then, we’ll stop for an authentic lunch in the jungle, where you can choose a la carte your preferred Mexican meal. Once you’re ready, we will drive you back to your hotel early afternoon.
We can also offer the same private tour, with the private guided of Tulum ruins before the snorkeling activities, check out our Tulum ruins, reef snorkeling in Tulum and cenote private tour!
- Duration: 5/6 hours
- Physicality: Easy
- Age: all ages
- Snorkeling: Basic swimming skills required. This excursion suits everyone from novices to experts.
- Which cenote will you visit? The day of your tour, you can choose one cenote between Nicte Ha, Taak bi Ha, or Jaguar. If you prefer to go to Dos Ojos or Pet Cemetery, we will add 10 USD per person on your balance. Your guide will be happy to help you to select the best cenote for you and your party according to your expectations and snorkeling skills.
This is an exclusive private tour to better meet your expectations.
Our tours are scheduled at the best hours to avoid high traffic and heat on the sites.
08:00am: Private transportation from your hotel to Tulum
09:00am – 10:15am: Reef Snorkeling in Tulum
10:15am – 10:45am: Transportation
10:45pm – 12:00pm: Snorkeling in cenote
12:00pm – 01:00pm: Lunch in a restaurant
01:00pm – 02:00pm: Transportation to your hotel
Itinerary is based on a departure from Playa del Carmen.
Pick up time is recommended time to avoid the crowds. We can leave later if you want to.
What to bring
- Swimsuit and beach towel
- Flip flops or water shoes for swimming activities
- Hat or cap and sunglasses
- Rashguard or Biodegradable sunscreen. We recommend wearing a rashguard. With a rashguard, you’ll enjoy sun protection throughout the day as you won’t need to reapply sunscreen where you’re covered, also this protects natural environment, not to pollute water and species of the cenotes or ocean.
- Camera/Underwater camera
- Cash for souvenirs/tips
You can bring personal belongings you require during the tour (phone, camera, extra set of clothes…). While you are visiting or snorkeling you can leave the things you don’t need in the van. Our driver will always be in the van, so keeping your things safe!
We booked the snorkeling at reef and snorkeling cenote and our guide took care of everything. Beautiful snorkeling at both places. Everything was perfect.
We had a great day, the experience was personalized. Snorkeling was amazing, we encountered many different fishes and turtles.
Reef and cenote were incredible. Our guide had wetsuits for us in the van and we enjoyed the cenote how much time we wanted!
Great snorkeling trip. Our guide Juan was amazing. We will be back soon to visit more cenotes. Highly recommend.