Akumal Diving: the best place to scuba with turtles in the Riviera Maya!
Akumal diving = diving with turtles! Akumal is a small resort town located just a short drive south of Playa del Carmen on the Riviera Maya. The town’s name means “land of turtles” in the Mayan language, so it should come as no surprise that it provides some of the Yucatan Peninsula’s best opportunities to view these fascinating creatures up close.
The area is best known for its gorgeous bay filled with crystal clear waters that provides scuba divers with plenty of opportunities to meet sea turtles and see breathtaking coral reefs, and also offers a beautiful white sand beach that is perfect for sunbathing.
If you’re interested in viewing sea turtles up close, then you should definitely consider booking our Akumal diving trip, an exclusive scuba diving opportunity in Akumal.
Due to the bay’s shallow waters and gentle currents, it’s an ideal scuba diving location for beginners, freshly certified divers, and those taking advantage of the PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience.
Akumal is also the perfect location for certified divers to explore due to its extensive reefs and the guarantee of getting up close and personal with sea turtles.
Interested in joining us on a Akumal diving trip? We’ll make things easy for you by picking you up from your hotel in Playa del Carmen in private transportation that will ensure that you have a comfortable journey to Akumal.
Once you arrive, you can enjoy two tank dives from two different locations along Akumal’s pristine coral barrier reefs, where you’re sure to view sea turtles!
Want to dive more?
To enjoy the best diving holidays around, ask about our packages!
3 days of Cenotes
3 days exploring Akumal, cenotes, and Cozumel
4 days exploring Playa del Carmen, Akumal, cenotes, and Cozumel
You can also build your own package!
About our scuba diving experience:
- From discover scuba diving to divemaster, we propose all Padi courses with private PADI instructor.
- For certified divers we propose private fun dives in Cenotes, Playa del Carmen, Akumal, Puerto Morelos, Cozumel.
- We have multiple diving sites to choose from, depending on your experience level and preference.
- All our staff is composed of professional diving instructors and cave divers.
What to bring:
- Your diving equipment
- Your certification card
- Swimming suit & towel
- Sun glasses & cap
- Biodegradable sunblock
- Experienced certified Instructor
- 2 tanks & weights
- Water, Cookies
- Pick up and drop off from Playa Del Carmen
- Diving equipment (15 USD per day)
- Nitrox for nitrox certified divers (12 USD per day)