Chichen Itza – 7th Wonder of the World!
Visitors staying in Cancun or Playa del Carmen should definitely include a Chichen Itza Tour on their bucket list. Located less than 3 hours’ drive from these resorts, this famous Mayan site will be an unforgettable highlight of any Riviera Maya vacation.
Often referred to as the 7th Wonder of the World, this remarkable attraction includes the landmark El Castillo Pyramid, the biggest Ball Court in Mesoamerica, a remarkable Observatory and a host of temples and pillared platforms.
The very best way to enjoy a visit to Chichen Itza is with a local English-speaking guide. Enjoy comfortable air-conditioned transport on a private tour to Chichen Itza at affordable prices.
Reasons to Book a Chichen Itza Private Tour
Independent visitors may be impressed by Chichen Itza, but understanding the Mayan way of life and the purpose of the buildings really makes the tour worthwhile. During your Chichen Itza Tour, your private guide will help you:
- Get an insight into ancient Mayan culture
- Admire the engineering feats of pyramid-building (unfortunately not possible to climb)
- See well-preserved carvings of serpents, eagles and jaguars
- Learn how a shadowy serpent appears to descend the pyramid at the spring and autumn equinoxes
- Appreciate the astronomical understanding demonstrated in the El Caracol Observatory
- Visit the Sacred Cenote, a place of sacrificial offerings to the gods
- Understand the purpose of the many monuments spread across this large site
Tips for Visiting Chichen Itza
The best time to visit Chichen Itza is early in the morning to avoid the crowds and heat. Our tours take advantage of this quieter time to visit and you can relax and nap on the journey.
As part of your Chichen Itza Tour, we include a stop at Valladolid on the way back. It’s a great place to have lunch, shop and explore this delightful colonial city. Don’t forget your camera!