Coba ruins and Punta Laguna Monkey Reserve Private Tour
So much to do and so little time. We understand that sometimes you just don’t want to only take in one activity a day. When we realized that, we arrived at the Coba and Punta Laguna Tour. This private tour encompasses (5) different exciting activities at Punta Laguna and the visit of the Mayan ruins of Coba!
We start the day early to beat the heat, the crowds and to increase our chances to encounter the Monkeys.We’ll transport you directly to Punta Laguna. Once we arrive, you’ll have the Mayan world at your fingertips. Some of the activities in our Punta Laguna tour include:
- Hiking in the jungle to look for spider monkeys and howler monkeys. We can’t guarantee sightings…this is not a zoo but we usually get to see them as we come early.
- Casual canoeing in the lagoon. It basically counts as exercise!
- Adrenaline rushing, blood pumping zip lining over the lagoon.
- Rappelling into the cenote. Completely optional. We do have to stress that is a little more difficult and our patrons must be in good shape to partake.
- Mayan Purification Ceremony. Experience the culture!
Then, we’ll take you to a local Mexican a la carte meal, tacos, fajitas, panuchos… you decide!
After lunch, a private archaeological guide will take you to explore the Coba ruins on foot and then by bike. You can also climb one of the pyramids! It is a once in a lifetime experience that we don’t want you to miss.
Fun Facts about the Punta Laguna tour: The Mayan ceremony is indicative of safe entry into the jungle and the cenote. The cenote is a sacred for traditional Mayans as it is the entrance to the underworld Xibalbla “the place of fear”. Punta Laguna is still actually home to approximately 30 Mayan families. The families welcome tourists and absolutely love sharing their culture with those on vacation during this special time!
You will be transported back to your hotel by 4/5PM so we don’t interrupt any plans you may have for the evening!
- Duration: 9/10 hours
- Physicality: Medium
- Age: 5+
- Rappel in Cenote and swim: Optional, as it can be difficult, 40 feet / 12meters rappel to go down and rope ladder to climb.
This Punta Laguna tour with the visit of Coba is exclusively private to better meet your expectations.