COVID-19 AND TOURS IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN, CANCUN & TULUM.
Information and Precautions by Absolute Adventure Mexico.
Playa del Carmen, May 9th 2020. Last update: May 18th 2020
At Absolute Adventure Mexico, the health and safety of our guests and our team is always our top priority. For this reason we are carefully monitoring the advice issued by the Health Secretary of Quintana Roo, the WHO and CDC. We strictly follow their regulations and recommendations.
On May 18th, Given our will to apply all legal measures, we have provided all required information and documentation to apply for the CPPSIT certificate (the Tourist Health Safety Certification) delivered by SEDETUR (tourism secretary), SESA (health secretary) and the Goverment of Quintana Roo. This is a commitment to respect all sanitary measures to prevent and further reduce the risk of contamination.
We look forward to welcoming guests on our private tours as soon as it is safe to do so. Currently some resorts, tourist sites and airline companies have announced they will resume their activities in June 2020, so we foresee to start to operate again as well at this time.
We want to outline the new safety precautions Absolute Adventure will be taking regarding the Coronavirus on our private tours.
These measures may be updated and changed at any time to comply with the government health recommendations and rules of the places we will visit. Booking a tour with us implies you agree to take part in these measures.
Safety Measures for Covid-19 and tours in Playa del Carmen, Cancun and Tulum
- Vehicles are fully cleaned before each tour. This includes wiping down all surfaces and spraying them with an antibacterial product. We then close the van overnight for full disinfection to take place. (Each van is used only once per day for one private tour.)
- For your safety, when your guide welcomes you, there will be no hugs or handshakes 😉 We will take your temperature with a non-contact infrared thermometer. If your temperature exceeds 100.4°F (38°C) you will not be able to proceed with the tour. We will provide you with the procedure to follow to obtain medical support. Our drivers and guides will also daily take their temperature before starting to work.
- Antibacterial hand gel will be available for guests to use when getting into and out of the vehicle. We will ask everyone to use the facilities at each place we visit and wash their hands thoroughly before and after each activity.
- In order to reduce any risk of spreading coronavirus, Absolute Adventure will include mandatory use of masks for all staff and guests. If you do not have your own mask, we will provide a single use mask (adults and kids masks available).
- We will only be visiting restaurants that are following the health recommendations. The restaurants we include in our private tours offer open air tables and respect the social distancing guidelines between tables. Menus will not be handed out; instead your guide will inform you of the menu choice for you to place your order.
- We follow the DAN protocol (Divers Alert Network) for cleaning all diving and snorkeling equipment. Everything will be cleaned with sodium hypochlorite after each use to eliminate the virus. Of course, you can bring your own equipment if you prefer.
- To further reduce the risk of coming into contact with the coronavirus, our tours will all start in the early morning. We will bypass the crowds by being the first on-site, avoiding the heat and the lines that build up later in the day. It will also give you the best possible experience and you’ll get great photos of the attraction!
Safest and best tours are private!
When it comes to safety, we recommend private tours as the best way to enjoy the attractions:
- Private tours are just for you and your driver and guide. You will not share the tour with other people
- Explore at your own pace and enjoy the full attention of your private tour guide
- Avoid contact with other tourists as much as possible (compared to a shared bus tour)
Good to Know:
We offer 10% discount off all bookings made more than 2 months in advance! (Except for Whale Sharks tour, and tours taking place between Dec 18th 2020 & Jan 12th 2021. Discount applied manually when paying balance).
Do not hesitate to book with confidence, our cancellation conditions are guaranteed:
- Free cancellation and refund of your deposit up to 4 days before the excursion (for whatever reason),
- or we can reschedule your excursion within 18 months of the date of your excursion.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Playa del Carmen, Cancun and Tulum and appreciate your support. Rest assured, we take the coronavirus prevention very seriously, hence our new guidelines for Covid-19 and tours in Playa del Carmen, Cancun and Tulum.