Ruins of Chichen Itza Tour
Maya ruins are located deep within the jungles of the Yucatan Peninsula and hold the keys to the mysteries of the Mayan civilization and secrets that, to this day, are sill being uncovered and discovered. One of the most impressive and spectacular Mayan ruins is Chichen Itza. Our Chichen Itza tour with Absolute Adventure promises to be engaging, exciting, informative and one-of-a-kind.
We will pick you up and transport you to this wondrous world. Once you arrive you’ll immediately be transported back in time to a world that is magical, mythical and mysterious.
Chichen Itza is home to the Kukulkan Pyramid (El Castillo) which was voted as one of the new seven wonders of the world in 2007. Upon first glimpsing this imposing and impressive structure you’ll immediately understand why. It stretches majestically up towards the sky and represents a complex and fascinating culture. But this beautiful building isn’t all there is to see here. It is thought that Chichen Itza was once a bustling ancient city that was central to the Mayan empire.
There are a large number of still standing temples, pyramids and even an arena where a Mayan ball game was played that should all be explored. The knowledgeable guides of Absolute Adventure will give you an informed and fun tour of Chichen Itza ruins that will be customized to your preferences and they will happily answer any questions you might have.
Once you’ve finished your Chichen Itza tour, we will go to Valladolid for a leisurely lunch at a local restaurant to taste the Yucatan meals.
We then offer different options:
- Spending some free time exploring the nearby city of Valladolid. Named after the former capital of Spain, Valladolid was founded in 1545, making it one of the first Spanish cities in the Yucatán Peninsula. Until the early 1900s, it was one of the most important cities in the Yucatán, and was known as “the Sultana of the East” because of its many wealthy inhabitants with large mansions. If you’re interested in Mexico’s colonial era, then you’re sure to be fascinated by the many sights in the heart of Valladolid, from architectural landmarks to natural wonders. One of its most famous landmarks is the historic Cathedral of San Gervasio, which is located on the city’s main plaza. Once you’ve viewed the church, you can spend some time relaxing in the plaza, which contains a small park and is lined with all kinds of interesting shops and restaurants.
- Going for a swim in the refreshing waters, we usually bring you to the cenotes Samula and Xkeken.
- Going for a snorkeling circuit in a cave cenote on our way back to the Riviera Maya. That option implies that you will be dropped off a little bit later in the afternoon, as we won’t take the toll road on our way back.
About our Chichen Itza Tours:
- All tours, services, activities are exclusively private to better meet your expectations. We adapt the tour accordingly to your needs thanks to the various options we offer.
- All tours are scheduled at the best hours to avoid high traffic on the sites.
- We have guided excursions to suit everyone from novices to experts.
- Ideal for couples, families with children, group of friends.
- We adapt our program and diving / snorkeling for people with disability.