What is the situation of Coronavirus in Riviera Maya?
Last update: April 18th, 2022
Mexico Borders are open!
Mexico's borders have never been closed since the start of the pandemic. Covid-19 tests are not required, vaccination certificate is not required either on arrival on the territory; but there are thermal cameras at the airport, temperature check protocol and self-declaration to be completed online before arrival. Make sure you verify the latest conditions to travel back to your home country!
GREEN FLAG FOR RIVIERA MAYA
The State of Quintana Roo (Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Riviera Maya), is currenlty in green flag.
How is the vaccination roll out going in Quintana Roo? Jan 17th 2022: 72% of the population received 1st dose. 58% received the 2 doses. Booster is on process.
You can consult the Coronavirus in Riviera Maya figures on the Health Secretary website.
SAFE TRAVELS DESTINATION
Since December 18th, 2020, local authorities have institute the OBLIGATORY USE OF FACE MASKS in the State of Quintana Roo.
The Riviera Maya is #safetravels certified.
All businesses have set up sanitary protocols for staff and guests including:
- Temperature check,
- Washing hand procedures,
- Face masks mandatory, even outside when physical distance is not possible,
- Physical distance everywhere it is possible (waiting lines, restaurants...)
- Cleaning and sanitization protocol of all equipments and facilities.
Which activities are possible to do?
- Mayan ruins of Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam and Muyil are open. (consult new visit rules)
- Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza are open. (consult new visit rules)
- Swim and snorkel in Cenotes.
- Swim and snorkel in the ocean, with turtles at Akumal, reef snorkeling in Puerto Morelos or Cozumel...
- Scuba diving in ocean and cenotes
- Punta Laguna Monkey National Park
- Las Coloradas pink lakes and Rio Lagartos national park.
PRIVATE TOURS FROM ABSOLUTE ADVENTURE
In this context, private tours, even more than ever, are the ideal option, whether in terms of quality or safety. Private transport from your hotel, private guide, everything is managed from A to Z by our own care in the strictest respect of health rules.
- 2020 Travelers' Awards Trip Advisor, which places us in the top 10% of tour companies in the world.
- Certificate of excellence since 2015, more than 900 reviews with 5*
- Free cancellation