WHAT ARE CHICHEN ITZA OPENING HOURS?
LAST UPDATE: JAN 24TH 2022
Visiting CHICHEN ITZA ruins is one of the top things to do during your stay in Riviera Maya.After being closed for a few months due to Covid, the ruins of Chichen Itza re-opened in September 2020 following the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTCC) recommendations, under the Safe Travels protocols.
CHICHEN ITZA OPENING HOURS
Mexico set up a color scheme system from Red, to Orange to Yellow and Green, based on the virus circulation, number of active cases, and hospitals capacity. Depending on the flag, the opening times and number of people per day is limited.
Current rules to visit CHICHEN ITZA ruins:
- CHICHEN ITZA OPENING HOURS: 8am to 5pm (last access at 4pm)
- Face mask mandatory during the full visit
- Temperature check at the entrance with hand gel
- Physical distance to respect for the line entrance and while visiting the site.
- Individual groups of max 10 people or guided tours with 9 people maximum per guide
- 3,000 visitors maximum per day
OTHER MAYAN RUINS SITES:
PRIVATE TOURS TO CHICHEN ITZA
Coming to Riviera Maya in the next weeks or months? You can already book your private tour as Chichen Itza ! Taking a private tour has many advantages such as avoiding crowds, not sharing the transportation with other travelers, and getting the full private guided visit at your own pace!
Here below our private tours that include the visit of Chichen Itza and its famous Kukulkan pyramid.